Web Site Design and Development
Web site design and development are two sides of the same coin — you can’t have one without the other. Go Big Creative Lab offers both services from our Cleveland, Ohio offices. Read on to learn more.
Web Site Design
What we refer to as web site design encompasses more than just the visual output. It also includes:
- Strategic planning of site flow and user experience
- Research of SEO keywords
- Copywriting that balances SEO optimization with readability for the real humans that interact with your site
- Sitemapping and framework development
- In the case of an e-commerce site, cart experience design
- Optimization of images for site speed
When all of these components are in place, a site design begins to take shape. We also make sure the look, feel, and user experience are in line with your brand.
Web Site Development
Web site development is where the rubber hits the road, or in this case, where the pixels hit the monitor. This includes:
- Determining the proper hosting environment
- Defining site security and backup strategy
- Use of content delivery network (CDN) for site speed and to reduce server load
- Caching considerations
- Payment gateways
- SSL certificate — now an important requirement for all sites, not just e-commerce
- Responsive templates for viewing on mobile devices and tablets
- Content management system (CMS) to allow client to regularly update their site without having to hire a developer
A Note About WordPress
At Go Big Creative Lab, all of the sites we build in-house are on the WordPress platform. WordPress powers over 27% of sites on the web, and is by far the content management system with the largest share of the market. We’ve been working with WordPress for over a decade, and have seen it evolve from a basic blogging platform to a robust CMS.
The Best Solution for Your Project
Not all sites are the best fit for WordPress, especially if you’re thinking about a larger integration with an ERP or similar projects. In these cases, Go Big will still develop the site strategy, design and project manage the web site, but we’ll bring in heavy hitters on the technical side to ensure that you’re getting the best possible solution. Our preferred partner is Prenault — we’ve been consistently impressed with their capabilities, responsiveness, and expertise.
Check Out a Sampling of Web Sites We’ve Designed and Developed
[/vc_column_text][grve_portfolio grid_image_mode=”square” columns=”4″ columns_tablet_landscape=”2″ columns_tablet_portrait=”2″ columns_mobile=”1″ categories=”8″ disable_pagination=”yes” items_to_show=”20″ overlay_opacity=”90″][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][/vc_column][/vc_row]