Design Thinking Workshops
Design thinking brought Airbnb from the brink of bankruptcy and helped them grow to a billion-dollar company. Organizations like IBM have successfully incorporated design thinking across their entire enterprise. But what exactly is design thinking, and how can it work for your organization?
Go Big’s interactive design thinking workshops give you the tools to innovate and solve your biggest challenges. We’ll define design thinking, briefly look at a couple of case studies, and then move on to applying design thinking to real, tangible issues within your organization.
We saw great progress during the workshop and more importantly, identified action items to follow up. It was a very productive and energetic session that kept everybody engaged in the discussion. We saw the results and the progress. Thank you!
— Vice President, Large Software Company
You can expect to:
- Learn a sampling of design thinking methodologies and how to apply them to specific problems.
- Work individually and as teams to ideate and test solutions to your specific challenges.
- Leave with a defined action plan that outlines next steps, accountability and measurement of your devised solution.
Go Big will meet with you and your team to define the desired outcomes of your workshop.
- Bring a specific problem you are experiencing within your company and be prepared to dive into design thinking as a means of devising and testing solutions.
- Don’t be afraid to choose a “wicked” problem that lacks an obvious solution. Whether it is related to people, product design, systems or processes, design thinking can help formulate solutions to difficult problems.
- We recommend that you include a cross-section of people, roles and departments from your company. Design thinking works well with multi-faceted teams consisting of representatives from all parts of the organization.
Go Big Creative Lab founders Joe Watson and Jim Gundlach facilitate a design thinking workshop at the 2014 Interaction Marketing Summit.